What are the benefits of Goat Milk soaps?
Many of the soaps, shampoos and shave bars sold at Orangutans are made from goat milk, why did I choose to stock these products?
Apart from the fact that they are zero waste, merely being wrapped in a paper label, they are also palm oil free (so not contributing to the destruction of the forests in Sumatra and Borneo where the wonderful orangutan lives), cruelty free (no animal testing has been done on these products) and amongst other things goat milk is really good for you.
In most soaps lye is made by mixing water and sodium hydroxide, however when making goat milk soap, goat milk is used instead of water creating a much creamier consistency due to the natural fat content. Additionally other plant based oils like olive or coconut are often used in our goat milk products to further increase the amount of healthy, nourishing fats.
Some of the amazing, nourishing benefits of goat milk soap are;
- It is a gentle cleanser and doesn't contain the harsh surfactants of commercial soaps that can strip your skin of natural moisture making it feel dry and tight. The fatty content of the soap helps to seal in your skins moisture, making your skin softer and smoother for longer.
- It is rich in nutrients including vitamin A, known to have anti-aging properties and which research has shown reduces lines and wrinkles, controls acne and helps with psoriasis. It also contains selenium, a mineral shown to support a healthy skin membrane and believed to have an important role in preventing skin cancer.
- It is a natural exfoliant, the lactic acid in milk has been shown to gently remove the top layer of dead skin cells, revealing fresh, new skin cells that are healthier and smoother.
- Naturally anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory.
- Also if you suffer from scars, stretch marks or pigmentation, goat milk soap can help even out the skin tone and minimize the appearance of new or old scars and is also helpful against eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea.
- Or maybe you have no skin issues but just want to keep your skin healthy and use a natural product - this is the perfect soap for you too!
Buy your Goat milks soaps from Orangutans and support tiny, local businesses with this natural, cruelty free product.
Aloe vera and bentonite clay goat milk soap - Aloe Vera has long been known for its moisturising and anti-aging effects on the skin and bentonite clay helps to draw impurities from the skin, so this Aloe Vera & Bentonite Clay Goat Milk Soap makes a great soap for oily or problem skin and has wonderful healing properties.
Bergamot & Grapefruit Goat Milk Soap - The fragrance of grapefruit and bergamot is delicious and makes a great wake-me-up bar in your morning shower! Enjoy the rejuvenating scent of citrus whilst you nourish and purify your skin with this beautiful hand-crafted soap. Bergamot has been shown to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can make bergamot an effective treatment for spots or acne, it has also been shown to reduce anxiety and stress, lower cholesterol and increase a positive mood.
Chamomile & Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap - handmade, hand-sliced, soothing, calming and exfoliating. To create this soap, goat milk has been perfectly blended with chamomile and organic oatmeal. Chamomile essential oil is derived from the flowers of the chamomile plant. For hundreds of years it has been used to treat a variety of ailments and conditions including wound healing, anxiety relief, eczema, rashes, anti-inflammation and an aid to promote sleep
Lemongrass Goat Milk Soap - Wonderful for all skin types, especially oily skin. Lemongrass soap helps to improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples and can help to tone the muscle and tissues.
Mechanics Peppermint & Pumice Goat Milk Soap - great for rough skin, this soap includes peppermint essential oil and volcanic pumice to cool the skin, scrub away any dead skin cells leaving skin smooth and refreshed. This soap is perfect for gardeners, mechanics, builders or anyone that has a messy job and needs to remove grease and oil from their hands.
Rosehip & Hibiscus Goat Milk Soap - has many excellent benefits for your face. Rosehip moisturizes your skin, it’s anti-aging, it brightens skin and it can help reduce skin pigmentation. Hibiscus is known to help exfoliate, control oily skin and clogged pores, all of which can encourage fresher, younger and smoother looking skin. It can also increase moisture and firm your skins look.
Tea tree, Lavender & Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap - highly recommended for acne, spots and blemishes. This natural antibacterial and antiseptic soap combines the essential oils of tea tree and lavender with organic oatmeal. Tea tree & lavender essential oils are very effective in the treatment of acne, spots & blemishes. This soap will cleanse, soften, soothe, moisturise and condition the skin.